April 12, 2013

April (I can't believe it) Turtle Trot Progress...

I gave into indecision.  

Finally, I took the plunge and decided to change up my Turtle Trot SAL (from BAP Attack Blog) list for this post. I updated it because I had committed to myself I was going to work on all of my remaining 11 projects when March 13th came around until April 13th.  Taking out each one and work at least for one line of stitching, one hour, one color, whatever I could accomplish.

SO I stitched a line in just about every one of them until I got to the last three. I just hate the patterns. HATE them. Not sure what possessed me to buy them years ago.  I made a commitment to myself that I wouldn't purchase (read: doesn't include free downloads) any more patterns until I finished the 11 SALs and 51 Bonus = 62 (yikes! I didn't know there were that many left) patterns I have in my stash.  This is in part to the unraveling economy, and due to the part that my daughter's monthly daycare fee is one of the most expensive regionally in my nation. 

My husband pointed out that this is an enjoyable hobby, and why should I torture myself with stuff that I don't like to look at? I am going to go through my stash and give some away. I think someone out there will love what I don't want to do. I have so many patterns that haven't been cracked that I love, I won't waste my time.

In the last 30 days, there has been documented progress on 
"Paris market" 
William Morris "Roses" 
"Madre Terra" 
"Angelic Melody" 
Teddy Bears Tree Skirt 
"Alphabet Pumpkin"
"China Blue"
"Wildroses"
"P1707"
"The Flower Pot"

And a finish on "Flowers and Berries"

Because I was re-evaluating, spent much time debating these changes, I didn't accomplish the one hour one color on all of the remaining 12. I need to set up a pattern change on Panda Pals to include a second adult Panda in the pattern, alas won't be done in time for the deadline. I will have touched 11/12 though at the end of the day. 

The story behind adding the 14th project:

The original challenge from the BAP Attack website is 13 projects in 2013. While plucking out some color on "Roses", I came across another UFO in "The Flower Pot" in my stash. I added it to my 13. I thought that my first two were quite small, and then I could justify the change because I liked it more than the other three I kicked out combined. It will probably bite me back later but I have 8 months to finish the remaining 11 patterns! We will see if I took too much on because all my others are quite complex now. 

Happily Stitching Away, loving my rearranged choices and you can see on Turtle Trot Page and the UFO page the designs I hope to finish. Eventually.

Have a great weekend!

Rachel


1 comment:

tiffstitch said...

Good luck working on everything!